With the rapid evolution of mobile broadband architectures and high-performance mobile devices, conventional boundaries of diagnostic quality digital transmission of medical multimedia are diminishing as communication and media technologies advance to leave fixed infrastructures and provide ubiquitous mobile access to the widest scale of multi-dimensional medical imagery, real-time/non-real-time video and voice information, patient and specimen photos, sensor measurements and text-based data. To foster the introduction of multimedia-rich communication-intensive mHealth services such as remote patient monitoring, telecare, teleconsultation, remotely guided diagnosis and treatment in the traditional healthcare practices, further work needs to be undertaken on mobile medical multimedia where the challenging environment combines wireless and mobile transmission problems with strict medical constraints for diagnostic reliability.
The main goal of this conference is to bring together researchers and innovators from industry, academia, and healthcare organizations to showcase recent researches in mobile and wireless multimedia technologies that can advance the evolution of mobile Health applications and services.
- Accepted papers will be submitted for publication in Springer's LNICST series and will appear in the [SpringerLink,](http://link.springer.com/) one of the largest digital libraries online that covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson's Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
A special issue of [ACM/Springer MONET](http://www.springer.com/engineering/signals/journal/11036) will be allocated for selected papers of M3Apps Conference. Accepted authors are invited to Special Issue in EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology.
The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
**Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:**
- Mobile and wireless transmission of 2D/3D/4D medical images and videos
- Medical image processing solutions (2D/3D/4D)
- Efficient and transparent multimedia transmission over mobile networks
- Multimedia adaptation and content fusion in mobile communications
- Advanced image and video coding solutions for compression of medical content for mobile devices
- New medical procedures to improve the exploitation of multimedia-rich mHealth solutions
- Deployment of heterogeneous wireless/mobile networks (HetNets) in clinical environments
- Solutions for emergency scenarios and multimedia emergency telemedicine
- Emergency medical informatics systems
- Cloud and mobile computing for Healthcare applications and services
- Security, privacy, confidentiality and trust in wireless/mobile environments
- Medical Video Quality Assessment of videos and images
- Cross-layer optimized adaptive multimedia transmission over mobile networks
- In-car health monitoring, ADAS/CoADAS supporting mHealth schemes
- New multimedia-rich communication-intensive mHealth applications and services
- Data visualization for mHealth
- Context and content-aware medical multimedia
Contributions, **up to 8 pages** length, must be submitted via [confy](http://m3apps.org/2016/show/initial-submission) paper management system.
Full Paper submission: **14 March 2016**
Acceptance Notification: **15 April 2016**
Camera‐ready deadline: ** 16 May 2016**
Start of the conference 14 June 2016
End of the conference 16 June 2016